Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A busy day...

There are days when you dont even get time to breathe. And more the number of occassions for oversleeping, more are such days in my life. Anyways, today was one such day.
Woke up at 11, rather should say was woken up by priyanka. The meat of the conversation was the usual, discussion on some woes of our not so exciting life, gloomed by the rigor of arranging each others' and our own marraiges. While talking to her I missed 2 calls on call waiting. Once my 30 minute conversation with Priyanka was done, I decided to rush to the gym without getting back to the missed calls. That is what happens when u hadnt gone to gym for 5 days and have had a weekend of hogging in your hometown- gym becomes utmost priority...which u wont miss even if that means missing office...while in gym i kept the phone with me, lest I miss any more calls. Not that it would be any delight to answer calls while panting on the tread mill. But nevertheless, having missed 2 calls already since morning I didnt want to repeat it. But then Sir Murphy does his tricks, when u dont want things to go wrong they surely will!!
While in the gym i didnt get a single call, but the moment I went home and rushed for a bath, the phone began to beep again, when I returned- another 4 missed calls, out of which 2 were from my sister...she has an amazing sense of timing!! While in the auto I got another 2 missed calls from her, so the moment I reached office( which was few minutes past 2pm, and look at my cheek, I still had personal errands to finish) I gave her a call, lest she would go to lodge a complaint about her absconding sister in the local police thana. I just hope she knows that she would have to do that in a Mumbai police station and not in Pune (which is where she lives). She rejected my call...which meant she was in a meeting....I told you, she has an amazing sense of timing!!...just when I get free( or rather just when i find the time to revert her call) she decides to get busy...anyway thats how she is...and she is my sister...so i have to live with this fact, and with her presence in my life!! To top it all, guess what was my sister's 4 missed calls since morning were about...sundry haal-chaal. Though there were a few updates interpersed too, but largely the call was about haal-chaal.
Once on my desk in office, I checked my mail, nothing special there though. I knew from last evening, I will have to show some work on a dataset that my boss & I had discussed last evening. So all I had to do was to compile something on that end and send it across before he would come online which would have been after 5pm. Curse this daylight saving, now my boss comes online an hour earlier than he used to last week. So on days when I come into office late, I lose out on that one hour advantage. Though that also means that I can now get home an hour earlier than I was till last week. For all those who are still aweing my cheek of entering the office so late, let me tell u my official office timings after DST are 11.30 am to 8.30 pm. So I wasnt that much late after all. Ok I was late never the less!!...But chalta hai...mere office mein ye sab chalta hai!! Infact I remember one of my ex-colleague in this team having said that its the best job you can have if you are newly married, it gives u all the liberty to devote more time at home. Pitty, he got married after leaving this job... For me- shaadi or no-shaadi, a late-riser & oversleeper like me enjoys it for reasons very obvious !!
Knowing that I had a good odd three hours to finish what I was suppose to, I decided to get back to all other missed calls I have had since morning. None very exciting though. One was from my school days childhood friend Prateep, he is looking out for a job change, needed some help from me. Others were some job placement consultants, not that i was very actively interested in them- who would be after having a cushy job in which you come into the office at 2 pm. Another one which I never called back, looked like ICICI bank's Chennai call centre. Good Lord, i wish i miss it again, the next time they call!!
All in all, a busy day, by the way, my boss just liked what I showed to him an hour ago. He thinks its a 'good start' to the project. In my case starts are always good, the end of those projects, I really dont know if they ever end, most of those projects get scrapped, and for my team mates who have seen it happen...know how much exactly to laugh at this!!

No comments: