Friday, March 7, 2008

Feasting Fasting

1 can of Baked Beans in tomato sauce
3 slices of Toasted Bread
loads of water
Some orange juice
...is all I took to break my mahashivratri fast this morning....feasting after fasting is a very big incentive that prompts me towards fasting in the first place...
Mahashivratri is one fast that I have kept eversince I was a little kid...my mom encouraged both of us ( sisters) to keep it...when i started keeping it...i was too young to question its significance...but now as I understand the fact that it God Siva & Parvati's wedding anniversary, I see very little reason for having kept it in the first place...i mean wedding anniversaries are times to party & make merry...you probabaly go out and dine instead of starving for food & shrinking of moisture....
I mean in future whenever I have to, thats how I would celebrate my wedding anniversaries...i.e. if I ever get married ...;)

No comments: