Tuesday, March 4, 2008

'Mercurian Thoughts'

Recently someone asked me why my blog was named 'mercurianthoughts' and not simply shubhamnath. For those of you who are thinking i like to use fancy names instead of straight and simple ones, you are wrong!!. Infact i would probably never use anything that can possibly replace my name, where otherwise it would be most apt. I mean, i really have to have a strong reason for using something instead of my name. I love my name!!...and inspite of recurrent remarks like 'shubham is a boy's name', 'it could have been shubha instead', i still love it!! And having lived with it for 25 years already there is no chance i consider it unworthy of me or myself unworthy of it!!
So where does 'mercurianthoughts' creap up from??
For those who havent kept in touch with me in recent time( or rather for those of you, with whom i have lost touch in recent times - and i know the list of such people is quite long- sorry :P), off late i have developed 'reading horoscopes' as one of my hobbies. Now wait a minute, i am not heading towards becoming Pt. Shubham Nath. That sounds quite LS to me!!
but its just an interest that i have developed, I dont read any books or anything, I just do case study analysis of whatever charts i can put my hands on, and when i get stuck with some interpretations, i just google out!!
I have become reasonably good with it, though i am sure it will be years of study before i can qualify as a full-fledged astrologer. As of now, i have become reasonably good studying my own horoscope, and from whatever i have interpreted from my horoscope i realise that in my chart Mercury is the strongest planets - its exalted, its the atmakaraka, it is in the trine, it reflects upon my house of communication which is what Mercury is best at: chit-chatting, communication (this sentence was only for those who understand horoscopes and planetary dynamics a little bit). Also mercury in my planet gives me the opening of becoming a thoughtful philosopher. so when i created this blog i had wanted to use it to outlet my philosophical thoughts, which is why i called it 'mercurianthoughts'. For a lot of you, who think like shakespeare - 'whats in a name?', this explaination may have sounded futile. And for those others who are still in awe, that an educated, modern girl like shubham is wasting her time on a packet of kaju ka barfi: 4 of which look uneaten and the other 8 half eaten, let me tell u, not only is it my hobby, i quite ardently believe in it too... what to believe in it and to what extent i believe in it has a lot too do with how much confidence i have on the person who is doing the interpretation. A good interprator can make all the difference in my willingness to believe in the interpretations & predictions. How to be sure, how good an interprator is, is another subjective issue. Its an amazing science u see, there are more exceptions than there are rules...has to be...life is like that!!...and which is why the experience, an interprator carries with him in terms of understanding life & people has a lot to do with how well he/she will be able to interpret the chart. Its almost like an advanced OB course. The only difference is i dont have a professor like Rahul Varman teaching me ....ok, that did hurt somewhere...and for my batchmates who had seen my passion in his classes( and off them)...they know where ;)
Coming back to my belief in horoscopes, in recent times thanks to this new shauk of mine, i almost advised someone to call off their wedding because their compatibility behavior as per the chart wasnt convincing!! I am sure the guy in distress, who had come to me in hope of finding encouragement to go ahead, must be cursing me now.The wedding isnt called off yet...but one more time the guy comes to me, it sure would be!!
Even though my new shauk has begun to show casualties already, I insist on pursuing it & its genres. Vaise, I dont think anything in the genre of astrological sciences is as convincing as is horoscopes using the packet of kaju barfi. There are others like tarot, which are pretty much in vogue...not that i would chase the fashionable, but most astrological websites that I google out often bundle up these two sciences( if i can call the latter a science...i m not too sure!!), so in the process of learning charts I have also begun to learn tarot. As I always say, I dont follow fashion, but it seems fashion cant stop following me! ;)

No comments: